Non-owner insurance policies are not your traditional auto insurance policies that cover a particular driver in a certain vehicle. They are designed specifically for individuals who frequently drive even though they don’t have a car. It’s not a full coverage plan, which includes comprehensive and collision coverages. In Florida, this specific policy provides liability coverage to protect the property and bodily injuries of others if the non-owner policyholder is found liable in an auto accident.
Non-Owner Policy: An Auto Insurance Guide
To qualify for a non-owner policy in Florida, you must have a valid driver’s license and not own a vehicle. A non-owner policy is good for drivers who frequently borrow a car from a friend or family member or drive a rental vehicle. It provides the minimum amount of coverage required by the state with optional add-ons specific to the insurance carrier you choose.
Here at Skyline Insurance LLC in Jacksonville, FL, we have industry-trained experts to help you make an informed decision concerning the construction of your non-owner policy. Non-owner policies aren’t mandatory for everyone but are very beneficial in many cases.
Here are a few scenarios to consider when determining if you should purchase a non-owner policy:
- You use a car-sharing service that includes low liability limits and large deductibles you must pay after an accident.
- You don’t own a car but must still have proof of insurance because of a DUI or other violations.
- You regularly rent cars. If you have a non-owner policy, you could possibly avoid the fees for insurance charged to you by the rental company.
- You have an employer-issued vehicle but often use it to run your personal errands.
- You want to save money on future coverage when you purchase an automobile. Maintaining continuous coverage may help you receive better rates.
Have Questions? Consult With Us
If you’d like to know more about a non-owner policy to ensure you’re adequately covered on the road, contact us at Skyline Insurance LLC in Jacksonville, FL. We are glad to help.